Friday 28 October 2011

Raes Front/Side/Back

Hey, I know its been a while since I've posted, unfortunately Uni has been throwing many projects at me all at once :(

Whilst creating the different view points I realised that I had not entirely thought of how to create the holsters for the back, so after some planning I created a dual holster for both the sword and arrows. There is even a small holder for the bow to sit horizontal across her back, rather than a vertical position. The main problem with such views (particularly because she has her head covered) is that I am unable to see her face, and therefore will need a model or a drawing to create her face. I have also decided that rather than me always showing the final product of everything I do, it will be best to show you what I create and my thinking as I go along.

Character Profile



Using a model from 3DSK, I created an outline fleshing about the main bone structure for my character. This is vital as everything must begin from a framework.  Using an excerpt from both Fundamentals of Drawing by Barrington Levy and a PDF of an Andrew Loomis book, I created my own 'mannikin frame' as seen above.

Starting with the front, I then proceeded to create each view.

Front: I used the frame and studied different bodies of women on the internet. These mainly consisted of models( which 99% of the time  are photoshopped to hell to create the 'ideal' woman). I also looked at the women in 'Anatomy for the Artist' by Sarah Simblet as well as the 'Monster book of Manga'. This would give me a broad range of body types, as I think I got her waist ratio just right. 




Back:

For the back I copied the front profile and edited it slightly in order to make the view appear from behind the character. Was again using my references I then created the Back View. So you can get an idea of the different elements I have separated them below.  




Side: 

The side view was created mainly as a reference for the placement of items, hence why there is a lack of detail. I think I many need to revise it as her bum lacks shape.



Furthermore I have played around in Mudbox to try the proposed body shape along with attempting to model the clothes on the character ( never done it before).




No comments:

Post a Comment