Wednesday 22 February 2012

Sculpting the hands/ New Head(again)/New hair

Sculpting hands, and making them look right is incredibly difficult, I'm actually contested as to whether it is harder than the head. I have managed to get the shape of the hands as seen from the front/back/side, after hours of trying to get it looking to scale. Also sculpting the nails of the hand also proved quite a challenge. I had to go up 6 levels, use a hand stencil I made, sculpt in the nail then refine it further. To be truly honest I'm still not convinced its right, and intend to go back and change it at a later date.





I have once again done some work on the head, mainly because I inserted new eyes in, so I figured I should rework the eyes to make it fit correctly. She appeared to be really surprised with her huge eyes before, so I have thinned them.

Before

After

More after

After playing around with the settings just now, I decided to have a "best of both worlds" and decided to go with something in the middle between the two. Surprisingly she now looks very feminine(my perception may change in the coming weeks so be prepared).








No comments:

Post a Comment