Saturday 10 March 2012

Raes Textured

After 20 something layers and a lot of work Raes has really began to look like a character. There were some pretty cool techniques I used in order to texture her.


 For example, when I was making the t shirt, because I wanted to include the lines you would see if looking at a real t shirt, I transferred my map into Photoshop. In Photoshop I used the original colour that I had painted in Mudbox and overlayed white cotton lines over the section of the top. I then began to play with the blending until the T shirt carefully blended with the cotton lines.  Below is the process.


Process of adding additional textures

Resulting texture

Another interesting thing I had to learn was to texture a face. I did not like the reference images I was using,because the women had too many spots and bumps, therefore I decided to create my own. Unfortunately I don't have an exact play-by-play as to how I created it, however I will try my best to explain with what I have.


 Each picture below represents a different phase in texturing her face.

Image 1: Base
Image 2: Highlight/Makeup
Image 3: Shadow
Image4: Eyebrows


The below images are a series of beauty shots of Raes taken using the "Thriller" lighting setup in Mudbox.






For the thigh guards I wanted the marking to appear broken up, in order to give it this look, I used a set of scratches brushes I had found on the internet,(www.env1ro.deviantart.com), and began painted them into Photoshop to be used in Mudbox. As the markings were on a separate layer, all I then had to do was carefully paint over the markings using a stencil in order to make it appear that the markings were becoming worn away.





No comments:

Post a Comment