Wednesday 16 November 2011

Creating the body part 1

Creating the head can always be quite tedious, so in order to give my mind a breather I decided to move onto the body instead. I didn't really have a set plan as to how I was going to construct the body, only that I knew I had to first get it to look like the body in the reference images, then adjust it to fit my own drawings.


The first thing I did was to place the references images within Maya and align them correctly using flat planes. I also adjusted them slightly in Photoshop just to be sure they were aligned.



Side view of alignment in Maya

Front view of alignment

After the alignment was completed the next step was to start creation on the body. I first deleted half the mesh and created a proxy of the right side, so that I can view what the mesh looked like smoothed.(See below)





As you can see I have not been focusing too much getting the correct edge loops, I have been more worrying about achieving the correct form and mass of a human.

Creating the legs and adding the breasts to the model



Adding sufficient edge loops to the elbows and knees in order to ensure that they can be animated


No comments:

Post a Comment