Friday 11 November 2011

Multiple Heads!

I found very quickly that creating a head is a very difficult task, especially if you lack an in depth knowledge of the anatomy, subtle signs between male and female heads etc. As a result I struggled here, trying to create the head as close to the reference as possible. Although the head got better with time( and alot of tears) I still am not quite satisfied with how it has turned out.



I actually went to the extent of drawing multiple heads to gain a better idea of not only of how a females head should look but also for the shape of the head and eyes.


I enjoyed it so much that I even coloured in her head adding the cloth and mask from the concept. As the title suggests there was multiple heads I created. So here we go:


Too masculine


Wireframe showing edge loops

Final State


After creating these variations, I have decided I am going to move onto the body, at the very least block it out, then return and finish the head, to get it exactly as I want it. Making it more feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment